A Global Retail & Investment Bank selected Exchange Online as the first application to adopt from the Office 365 suite of subscription-based productivity tools. Due to the heavily regulated nature of their business, there were many mandatory design requirements to meet the regulatory, legal and compliance objectives of the bank. Specifically, there was a strong emphasis on records management, archiving & eDiscovery capabilities to satisfy these requirements.
Citihub Consulting were engaged to ensure the client’s requirements were captured, generate design documentation for Exchange Online compliance requirements, and define a Target Operating Model (TOM) for the client’s eDiscovery team.
How Citihub Consulting Helped
Citihub Consulting mobilised a small, experienced team to perform the following:
Have a similar challenge?
- Review current state business and technology processes for eDiscovery;
- Define requirements for the Exchange Online future state as relates to records management, archiving and eDiscovery;
- Create a Target Operating Model for eDiscovery processes which aligned with Exchange Online’s custodian searching and export functionality. This included the transition from the incumbent outsourced on-premise service, to a future state Exchange Online solution;
- Align the bank’s global retention policy for electronic communication with Exchange Online capabilities;
- Create high level design documentation for Microsoft 365 Compliance Centre, Centralised Mail Flow and Multi-Geo support;
- Review and validate the Service Enablement Plan previously provided by Microsoft;
- Review and validate client’s existing documentation relating to Exchange Online journaling, Azure Information Protection and the overall Exchange Online design.