Post-financial crisis, global financial institutions have been collecting and reporting data all along the trade life cycle. The data has been used for compliance, regulatory reporting and risk measurements (MIFIDII, CAT, FRTB). These institutions collect and house data across asset classes, various platforms and in a range of data environments all in the effort to better monitor their data. What type of data could be leveraged to grow the businesses and understand how to better price products and services for the customer base? For risk managers, how can these data points be used to better manage and mitigate risk?
Registration has been closed.
In this session, Citihub Consulting will look at use cases for data as currency. Where can the data be repurposed and used to drive opportunity and not merely report on activity? What kind of new decisions about where the business is heading can be made once we better analyze the information collected? What does “Big Data” as a service look like (BDaaS)?
How do you design the governance differently with growth in mind? Many firms need to create a schema with the end in mind as well as a Quality Assurance program to ensure that the data meets the regulatory requirements. How do we effectively design and manage those large-scale programs from end to end?
Data privacy and security is an ongoing concern for firms today. The safe keeping of that data depends on the security framework that organizations set up and maintain. What are the policy and design drivers around security? What is the governance in place? Are you using Cloud, and what is your security around your cloud provider?
Held under the Chatham House Rule, this will be your opportunity to learn and share experiences with your peers from leading financial services firms.
1) Regulatory reporting as a burden, where’s the silver lining?
- Use cases for effective data repurposing
- How can leaders look across programs like FRTB, CCAR, SFTR to architect a unified solution?
- How to break out of silos?
2) What are the tools that are being leveraged to more effectively achieve these goals?
- Data lake, effective at delivering on promise?
3) Use cases for the new paradigm for data as currency
This round table forum is best suited for:
- Program Managers for CAT, FRTB, CCAR, SFTR
- Data Architects
- Chief Data Officers
- Risk Managers
- Heads of Compliance & Electronic Trading